Discover the Genius in your Child
Maths is the language for science, engineering, arts and in everyday life.
Leonardo da Vinci is a Mathematician, a Scientist, an Artist, an Architect, an Engineer and a Dreamer!
At TeamMathics, we aim to help our students maximise their potential and become confident Mathematicians. With their best interest at heart, we shall work with parents and strive to understand their needs and achieve their goals.
To this end TeamMathics is:
- An aggregator in bringing together best practices in Maths learning and HOTS development
- A one-stop Maths Resource Centre for students from K6 to Year 11/IGCSE/O-Level/Form 5/ SPM
- The first to have a seamlessly integrated ONLINE and OFFLINE Singapore Maths programme
3 contributing factors to creating confident Mathematicians:
Some facts about our team of more than 100 Maths Teachers:
- Among the first to popularise Singapore Maths in Malaysia
- Trained in Singapore Maths methodology
- Trained hundreds of students for world competitions and scholarships
- Qualified Trainers with Mensan status
- Experienced teachers teaching secondary levels
- Highly experienced Research & Development team
- Experience in International Maths Olympiad
- Constant reviews and trainings to gain new skills
The PROGRAMME CONTENT
1) Engages the 21st century learner
Students have different starting points. Some find maths enjoyable, others find it challenging. There is a need for differentiated pathways to support every learner in order to maximise their potential. We need to engage the 21st century learners, who are digital natives and comfortable with the use of technologies and who work and think differently. (Source: Primary Mathematics Teaching and Learning Syllabus 2013, MOE Singapore)
We aim to be current, updated and relevant to the Gen-Z learning style. Students may be motivated to achieve better with access to topics online and by belonging to a peer community. The more hands-on parent will appreciate the accessible information on what your child is working on.
2) Has the advantage of lateral & vertical teaching
Wider Syllabus – K6 to Year 11/IGCSE/O-Level/Form 5/ SPM
Deeper Syllabus – Cultivate Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS/KBAT) with differentiated pathways
(Basic, Intermediate, Advanced & Higher Advanced/ Maths Olympiad)
3) Provides top-notch teaching materials
One of our offerings is KooBits, winner of the 2015 Edtech Excellence Award by Bett Asia and Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (iDA). It is the top, award-winning online Singapore Maths programme that is widely adopted in Singapore and is aligned with Singapore’s Smart Nation initiative. We also have materials recommended and used by MOE Singapore and University of Cambridge.
4) Offers crossover syllabus
Students focusing on school Maths (eg Cambridge Maths) will benefit from exposure to Singapore Maths as well. This will enhance their mastery on topics, skills, solving methods and depth of content.
5) Includes a diverse series of programmes
- Mechanical Sums (powered by KooBits)
- Problem Sums (powered by KooBits)
- Further Sums
- Maths Olympiad
- Singapore Secondary
- Cambridge Primary & Secondary
- Checkpoint & IGCSE Intensive
- ASEAN Scholarship Intensive (Sec-1 Entry, Sec-3 Entry, A-Level Entry)
- Competition Intensive (KMC, SASMO, OMK, ICAS, AMC, AIMO, SIMOC, AMO)
- Puzzle Solving Programme (in collaboration with the Chairman of Malaysian MENSA)
1) Precise evaluation tests
We understand that students have different starting points in tackling Maths. Our evaluation process determines the child’s precise entry level and most suitable programme.
2) Well-structured lesson plans
The teaching and learning process is guided by clear Lesson Plans.
3) Weekly progress summary & reports
Parents, have your finger on the pulse of your child’s progress as this report is available after every lesson. Teachers use this important tool to monitor their students’ proficiency well.
4) Progress tests to differentiate learning pathways
Besides evaluating a student’s conceptual knowledge, Progress Tests offer multiple opportunities to assess a student’s readiness for more in-depth HOTS Maths. Or conversely, he may need to better his grasp on fundamentals. The aim is to retain motivation and interest by offering differentiated learning pathways – Basic, Intermediate, Advanced and Higher Advanced.
5) Participation in HOTS & Maths-related competitions / challenges
Our students will have exposure to many world HOTS & Maths competitions that will stand them in good stead in their academic future. Such participation may be great motivation to excel and perhaps win recognition.
- Kangaroo Math Competition (KMC)
- Singapore and Asian Schools Math Olympiad (SASMO)
- Olimpiad Matematik Kebangsaan (OMK)
- International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS)
- Australian Mathematics Competition (AMC)
- Asia International Mathematical Olympiad (AIMO)
- Singapore International Mathematics Olympiad Challenge (SIMOC)
- American Mathematics Olympiad (AMO)
- Puzzler’s Challenge
- IQ tests, such as GAT, Intelligence IQ Test, Mensa Test